Monday 20 January 2014

THE PRESIDENT JOYCE BANDA IS A GOD-SENT LEADER

Just to gain first hand experience of sitting and mingling with ordinary people as Dr Joyce Banda the Malawi President does, we went to visit one of the beneficiaries of Mudzi Transformation Trusts , Nyasoko. We sat down for a cup of tea and convened outside her brand new house to hear her story. Her name is Nyasoko, from Kasungu. We were visiting Nyasoko to hear what’s her experience of the Mudzi Transformation Trust but to our surprise Nyasoko remembered nothing much about the Mudzi Transformation Trust. All she said she remembered was the familiar name everyone can guess,, “I will tell you about President Joyce Banda who came here and saw my poverty and promised me a new house,
image
While we sipped our warm Chombe Tea, we asked Nyasoko how the whole thing happened. Nyasoko shook her head left and right tears rolling down her cheeks, ” it is like meeting an angel by the road, I never knew someone would walk into my life and talk of giving me a new home, There was this other day I sat down inside my grass thatched hut, wondering what to eat for lunch. I could hear voices of people from a far, I thought there were kids playing, so I told myself to not bother.
I had always slept in this hut for decades and I was sure I will die living this life of poverty and with no proper home. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, I asked who was it? I heard, ” it’s Joyce Banda.” I felt this could not be true, I hear a lot on the radio about a woman president called Joyce Banda and there is no way she could be knocking outside my hut. I thought someone was joking with me so I stayed put and never moved an inch. But I heard another knock again, this time it was louder and suddenly the door which was never strong fell off. I panicked so I got up and decided to go and see who was this. I started walking and then.., ”
Nyasoko paused for a moment as she wiped a tear at the corner of her left eye then continued with her story, ” I saw our President Joyce Banda and her husband standing outside asking me, ” Nyasoko we have come to visit you.” I could not believe this was real, I tried to look around for best chairs one could wish to give to her very important visitors so they could sit on, but deep down my heart I knew I had nothing however it was like Joyce Banda had already read my mind, she said I should not worry they would sit with me on the mat and thereafter visit my house to see how it looked inside. I was perplexed, this could not be true,I felt like I was day dreaming. But there she was , sitting with me alongside her husband telling me they have come to tell me I will own a new home.
Before I answered they had already entered my hut and after viewing how roughly I lived they expressed pity on me. I saw her shaking her head left and right and said ” Nyasoko, this is not a good home for you , we will build you a proper home.” When they said this I didn’t believe it, I thought these are things very often said by politicians on face value but as days passed I saw bags of cements, building materials and bricks being piled up and sooner than later work had started. I could not believe that in less than six months the house was completed and the President came to hand over a new home to me, I can only ask God to bless her.”
image
Nyasoko has lived an entire life in a grass thatched house, but she witnessed with her eyes the ground blossoming with a new home out of no where and with no any demands placed on her, “all I can do is to look above and ask God to bless President Joyce Banda more and more.”
We asked her if Joyce Banda is a politician, Nyasoko said, “as for me Joyce Banda is not just a politician, she is a woman with a good heart and a heart of care and you can hardly meet such people on earth that is why I will always tell everyone, don’t go astray, you have a leader sent by God in Malawi and that is Joyce Banda, God bless her.”



Featured Tags

President Joyce Banda, Joyce Banda, President of Malawi, Malawi President Joyce Banda, Excellency President Joyce Banda, Joyce Banda Malawi 

1 comments:

 
 
Blogger Templates